How many times have you wished that you could create that perfect portrait of your loved ones that captures the mood and sentiment of the moment, or those portraits that are dramatic and look like they are straight out of a Hollywood movie promo?
Portraiture is the art of capturing a person or people that displays their expressions, their personality and enhances the impact by highlighting the mood. This workshop is designed as a comprehensive step-by-step study of the art of portraiture photography. The aim of the workshop is to teach the fundamentals of handling portraiture photography assignments, and portfolios for aspiring fashion photographers, commercial photographers, studio owners, model portfolio makers and even wedding photographers.
Our highly skilled photography professionals will guide you through the the features of your camera. They will also teach you the art of finding that perfect portrait photograph. From how to position hands to what direction the eyes should look and what lighting techniques you should use to create mood, our workshop teaches you everything necessary to produce the desired results. Whether you are a beginner or looking to hone your existing portrait photography skills, this Portrait Photography Workshop is a fantastic course to attend!
Each session begins with an icebreaker where the mentor interacts with the participants and discusses the scope of the workshop and what they can expect from the workshop.
DAY 1 – Theory and Practical Sessions
- Lighting Techniques: Rembrandt lighting, Split lighting, Butterfly Lighting, Loop Lighting, Short and Broad Lighting, High and Low Key Lighting, Ambient Lighting.
- Metering Techniques, Camera Light Settings, Shutter Speed, Sync Speed, Light Intensity
- Direction and Posing, Candid vs Posed, Fashion and Casual, Formal, Children and Group settings
- Composition and Shooting Body position of the photographer, Breathing techniques, Camera angles, Cropping
- Pre-shoot Tips and Techniques, How to communicate with the model during the shoot, Light setting according to the model’s skin colour and attire, Test shots
- Shooting both in ambient light and using studio flashes, Portraiture and full length shots, Creative posing
- Introduction to Post Processing tools and techniques
- Image Review and Feedback
- This outline is only indicative and the order in which the subjects are covered vary from one workshop to another depending on various factors.
- The workshop is not meant for a specific camera(s) but is a generic one and camera agnostic.
- If minimum number of seats are not filled, the workshop will be rescheduled/cancelled and a full refund will be given.
Who can attend this Workshop?
This course is aimed at enthusiasts who would like to discover how to create professional portrait images. By taking part in this course you will be able to shoot your own captivating portraits because you will learn and practice technical and creative portrait skills. The course is delivered with an assumption that the participants have an understanding of the basic concepts and techniques of photography.
What should I carry for the Workshop?
All you need to bring along are your DSLR camera and any lenses you own. Bringing your own camera will be beneficial as you would be able to relate to and understand the topics more easily.
What if I am unable to attend the Workshop on the day I have booked for?
Don’t worry! We will accommodate you in subsequent Workshops and keep you informed of the dates. We do not make any refunds.
“Have attended the two days advanced workshop and its just an awesome experience. Have learnt lots of new thing and I belive I will have a long good relationship with PHOTOINDIA.COM”
– Mohshin Ahmed
“Amazing workshop. Great learning. Ultimate experience”
“This workshop was more than my expectation. It was good learning and would like to be a part of PhotoIndia family.”
– Sumith Raj
“Got very good insight about portraiture and the light setup. This was an amazing experience and opens up a whole new world for us.”
– Sreenivas Gazarao
“Really good experience and workshop. A really good atmosphere at PhotoIndia with lots of experience sharing!”
– Varghese P. Thomas
“Excellent and methodical approach. This Workshop helped me a lot. Definitely worth every bit of money and more. Thank you!”
– Arun Nagarajan