This two-day workshop will help put to rest any fears you may have about the technicalities of the camera you use – be it a DSLR camera or a smartphone. The aim is to have you equipped with adequate operational know-how, to take your photography to the next level and be confident of using your camera in the manual mode.
PhotoIndia.com in partnership with Chowgule Centre for Applied and Professional Studies presents a weekend workshop on the basics of photography & the Art of Seeing. The workshop will focus on putting you on a path of self-learning in the correct direction. We will clarify the basics that matter! The first day will be devoted to providing you with background knowledge that would help you in understanding how a camera works and behaves and the second day will consist of a practical session outdoors. We firmly believe that a Camera is only a tool, and that a person with creative vision can get great pictures just as well with a Point and Shoot camera or even a Smartphone camera.
Dates: 28th & 29th January 2017
Time: 10:00 am to 05:00 pm
Duration: 2 Days
Venue: PhotoIndia Studio, Sector 93 – Noida
Fees: Rs. 6,500/-
Payment: Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking or Online Bank Transfer (NEFT) or Cash Deposit. Fees must be paid in advance. An additional fee of Rs. 1000 is applicable if bookings made by credit card or online payments, are cancelled.
Who Should Attend: Amateurs and Serious Hobbyist Photographers
LEARNING AND PRACTICING THE BASICS OF PHOTOGRAPHY
Each session begins with an icebreaker where the mentor interacts with the participants and discusses the scope of the workshop and what they can expect from it. In the first session we will focus on putting you on a path of self learning in the correct direction. We will clarify the basics that matter! The first half of the day will be devoted to providing you with background knowledge that would help you in understanding how a camera works and behaves. We firmly believe that a Camera is only a tool, and that a person with creative vision can get great pictures just as well with a Point and Shoot camera or even a Cell Phone camera!
- What makes a great picture? Introduction to Photography & the art of seeing.
- The vital elements: Importance of composition and timing – the concept of the decisive moment.
- Introduction to Fine Art Photography and other genres.
- Choosing a camera and essential features of a DSLR, Point and Shoot camera and Smartphone cameras.
- The Technique – Understanding your Camera and Handling Equipment.
- Exposure Demystified > Aperture > Shutter Speed > ISO > Metering
- Manual Exposure and using the different exposure modes.
- Focusing: Manual focusing and Auto focusing
- Q & A Session
- The right way to hold a Camera
- Learning about your dominant eye
- Shooting indoor in natural light using different exposures, apertures and camera modes
- Shooting outdoor in natural light using different exposures, apertures and camera modes
- This outline is only indicative and the order in which the subjects are covered vary from one workshop to another depending on various factors.
- The workshop is not meant for a specific camera(s) but is a generic one and camera agnostic.
- If minimum number of seats are not filled, the workshop will be rescheduled/cancelled and a full refund will be given.
Who can attend this Workshop?
Amateur photographers, hobbyists interested in pursuing photography as a career, DSLR camera users, consumer digital camera users and cell phone camera users.
What should I carry for the Workshop?
All you need to bring along are your DSLR camera and any lenses you own. In case you don’t have a DSLR, don’t worry – you will be provided with one for the duration of the workshop. Bringing your own camera will, in any case, be beneficial as you would be able to relate to and understand the topics more easily.
Why should I attend this Workshop?
You can participate in this Workshop even if you are an amateur photographer who is interested in taking photography seriously. There is no Age limit/ No Qualifications needed / No Pre-requisite except your passion and interest!
What if I am unable to attend the Workshop on the day I have booked for?
Don’t worry! We will accommodate you in subsequent Workshops and keep you informed of the dates. We do not make any refunds.
“Good experience, learnt basics of photography and instruction. Staff are also supportive. The workshop is quite helpful to understand that photography consists in the eye of a photographer. ”
– Tripti Arora
“A great insight into digital photography and photography in general. Today I realized that it is not the camera but it is the eye and the moment that is important.”
– Ashish Nema
“It was a very nice opportunity to learn the basics. Mr. Manu was friendly and cleared our doubts. I am interested to learn deeper.
Thank you! ”
“Very informative workshop on the theoretical aspects of photography and camera technology. Impressed with the pragmatic advice given by the instructor and the personalised attention.”
– Vivek Indrayan
“It was a good session which has taught me about usage of camera & how to take pictures. It is a definite worth while session for beginners. ”
– Ajay Kumar
“The information gives today learnt a lot about manual clicking, ISO, Exposures. Got to know all the basics. That helps to start a aspiring photographer. ”
– Sneha Ashok Sachdev
“Thank you for the interesting insights into the basics photography. We went from “zero” to something is a short span of a day. ”
– Suman T Nachiket
“Very interactive and informative. Would love to attend other workshops. PhotoIndia rocks! ”
– Krishna Kumar